Saturday, June 4, 2011

:)

I should blog more. I always say I am going to do it and then something comes up or I just get lazy. Sorry. I also always forget my camera, always. Well here are the highlights of our month....


Mothers Day!

For mothers day we made bags. Dallas loved playing at first, but once he was done, we were done. He didn't want me to finish making the bags, he wanted his feet washed and down to play. Luckily I was able to bribe him with candy and we got all 3 bags done.



Camping!

We love to camp, if you cant tell! I think we have gone twice since my last post. Dallas is always such a boy when we go, he LOVES the dirt! Since he is in a big boy bed at home, we started letting him sleep on the couch bed. He loves it because he can get out of bed, that's the part I hate. I liked when I put him to bed he was stuck. We went camping for Memorial Day to my grandparents property in Fruitland. The weather was semi-great and the kids had a blast. However, as we were trying to leave I locked Dallas and Roxie in the truck. OK, Roxie locked the doors, I just didn't take the keys out. Whoops. It was not fun, I kept trying to get Dallas to "press the button!!" He wouldn't, he kept telling me NO! After about a half-hour we were able to use a hanger and get the doors unlocked. I learned my lesson and now I will ALWAYS roll down a window! We plan on going on many more camping trips this summer!



Dallas!

Dallas is starting the terrible twos! He has had a melt down every morning for the last 3 days. What about you may ask... Cereal. That's right, cereal. He cried when I took the box from him to pour a bowl, he bawled when I put milk in it, he freaked when I dumped the milk back out and completely lost it when I sat him down to eat. He tried it again this morning and I poured the bowl, sat it on the table and walked away, leaving him there to melt. He is also starting to talk a lot more, a lot of it we still cant tell what he is saying. He is starting to form sentences... like "Rylee go sleep" & "watch this!" He also folds his arms to pray and sings in the car. He is really a great toddler( yikes toddler!!) He will tell us he is going ni-night, grab his binky and a cup and go get in bed, and the best part is that we will really go to bed. I am proud of him, he loves everyone he meets, he shares his treats and toys, especially with his cousin Rylee who he LOVES!! I love him, I wish he would stay this age forever, he is so much fun right now, everything he sees and learns.



May 12th!

May 12th was mine and Russ ells anniversary. We have been married for 4 years! Weird. I swear it feels like we just got married. We have been through so much together and I wouldn't change any of it. We have learned so much from each other and have fallen more and more in love. For our anniversary we kept it small and went to dinner at tepanyaki. It was delicious. I don't ever care what we do as long as we are doing something together.



Pets!

We have 3 new pets in our house. One is a fish. We went to petsmart the other day to get a doodadd for Roxie and ended up looking at all the fish. After we left petsmart we went to Walmart and saw the fish there too! They kids, (Dallas and Rylee) we loving them so we decided that they could have a goldfish. Dallas loves his fishy. We never named it but he does look at it every morning and tell me, "look a fish". He is silly. He is doing great with the fish, he has never tried to touch the fish or move the bowl, he leaves it alone. yay!! Our other two pets are named Pork & Chop. We bought pigs! Well we bought one and Russell's parents bought one. They are living in the backyard. They are so cute, but they are getting so big. Yes we plan to eat them when they are full grown. They don't stink nearly as much as I thought they would, and they eat all the scraps! Russell let me pick them out and name them, isn't he sweet. haha



Pork is the black and pink one & Chop is the pink.




Well I think that about sums our month up!! Also tonight we are going to Eagle Mountain Days and watching Clint Black in concert! Yay!! I bought Russell the tickets when they first went on sale in December. I am excited, Clint Black reminds me of us dating, I think its because we used to play the cd all the time!!!

1 comment:

Lenard said...

Its hard to stay caught up, especially with the kids. Sounds like you guys have had a great year so far though!