Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas/New years

I have slacked so much this holiday season!! I also realized as I was trying to do this that I took my camera to one Christmas party and hardly any pictures Christmas eve, Christmas day or new years. So here is what I got, sorry its so long...
We went to two Christmas parties with the family, one for the Whaley and one for the Willes'. We had a blast at each one. The Whaley party we always draw names at Thanksgiving for our gift exchange. This year my aunt Terri had Dallas. She got him the cute seahorse glow worm which he LOVES!!!
Also this year was the first year that all of Russell's siblings were here in a long time. It was so much fun getting to see everyone! We got addicted to the game settlers of catan which I have played 5 times just today. Becky also had family pictures done the day after Christmas, we each got family pictures and then we had the big pictures, I cant wait to see them!!
Christmas eve we had the Willes christmas party, followed by playing games at the Rowleys and then back to our house to open PJ's. Christmas morning was also spent at our house. Dallas got a couple toys and clothes. Russell and I got a camcorder from my parents which I LOVE. I had mentioned to my mom that I wanted one now that Dallas was getting bigger. After we opened gifts we went to my grandmas house to have breakfast. We also got to talk to my uncle Brad, Aunt Mel and the kids on the web cam. I loved it because we also go to see the new baby girl!!! After breakfast we headed over to the rowley's. We had dinner, opened gifts and played games.
All day on Christmas Russell was complaining of chest pain, which had me worried but he said he was fine, it wasn't going to his neck or chest so we figured it wasn't anything to bad.. The next morning, his birthday, he still had the pain and it was only getting worse, so finally at 5 that night he let me take him to the instacare. Lucky it was only a fractured rib. We are not 100% sure how it happened but luckily he got to rest the rest of the weekend. For Russell's birthday we just stayed home and watched movies with the family and opened his gifts. We also went to the movies the next afternoon. He wanted to see Alvin and the chipmunks, he said it was for Dallas but I think not....
New Years Eve was spent at home playing more games with the family. After midnight my brother, dad and brother in-law decide they want to launch fireworks. All we have are old fireworks from Wyoming. After they had lit of a few and nothing wrong happened they decided to launch the rest, right after they lit them the cops showed up... Me and Russell and opted to stay inside on account that it was freezing and Russell can not get any sort of tickets. anyway.. They cop told my dad that is was $500.00 a firework setting their bill at about $6,000.00 luckily this was a Murray cop who can not issue a ticket but can detain them until a Lehi cop can make it. So Mr. Murray cop goes back to his car telling my dad that he is going to call a Lehi officer, which at 1am they are too busy with the bars they they told him to let them go. LUCKY!!!
Dallas is now 6 months old, has no teeth, loves the bath, can sit up unsupported, and reach for all the fun toys. He goes in later this week for his 6 month check up. I will post more then.
Here are the few pictures I have....
Dallas at the Whaley Christmas Party
I love my seahorse
time for bed!!
Christmas Eve in my new PJ's with dad.
Christmas Day at grandma Rowley's
One of my bath toys

2 comments:

Kelsey Bendixen said...

I just have to tell you Dallas is such a cute baby boy! Im sure you agree but really he is!

Russell and Ashley said...

ahha I love him, he is the cutest. :)